TERMS & CONDITIONS
In order to have driving lessons you must:
Be aged 17 or older (16 or over if disabled)
Hold a driving licence that is valid for the UK (provisional, full or an appropriate foreign licence)
It is your responsibility to provide proof that you have a valid licence to drive before the commencement of your first driving lesson. If you fail to provide this proof, your instructor is entitled to refuse to conduct the driving lesson but may still charge you for such driving lesson.
You must give at least 48 hours’ notice if you wish to cancel or re-arrange a booked driving lesson. Failure to do so will result in you being charged the full amount for that driving lesson. In the event that you cancel a lesson with less than 48 hours notice and you have not paid for the lesson then this fee will be payable before any future lessons can be booked into the diary and or undertaken.
When your instructor arrives for your lesson, they will text you and/or ring you. If you have still not arrived or contacted them within 15 minutes, your lesson will be cancelled and charged as above.
If you are late for your lesson, your lesson time will be reduced as your instructor cannot be late for their next lesson. You will still be charged the full price of the lesson, as this is considered 'cancelling' part of your lesson with less than 48 hours notice.
In the event that you give less than 48 hours notice to cancel or move an unpaid lesson you will need to pay for this lesson in full before additional lessons can be booked.
In the event that a learner is not ready for their driving test (this is determined by their driving instructor's assessment of their mock driving test 2 lessons prior to their driving test) they will be advised of this and will be unable to use their instructor's car for the driving test unless it is rebooked.
Driving Tests will always have priority over a driving lesson. Should a learner book a driving test that clashes with an existing lesson of another leaner the other lesson will be rearranged.
Herts Driver Training operates a “No Quibble Refund Guarantee”. If you decide you no longer wish to have driving lessons through Herts Driver Training, we will refund any funds remaining in your Account without charge.
Your instructor and/or Herts Driver Training are not liable to you for any loss or damage caused where, and to the extent that:
There is no breach of a legal duty owed to you by the relevant person or body;
Such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of such a breach of a legal duty;
Any such loss or damage, or increase in the same, results from any breach or omission by you; or
Any such loss or damage results from circumstances or matters outside of the reasonable control of the relevant person or body.
Your instructor shall not, in any event, be liable for losses relating to any business interests you may have including, without limitation, lost profits, loss of opportunity or business or business interruption.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA AND INFORMATION
In line with the GDPR, by you taking driving lessons with Herts Driver Training, you automatically consent and agree to us holding your personal information, such as:
- Name, address, contact information, and date of birth
- Driving licence number
- Records of driving progress
- Medical conditions that affect your ability to drive
- Driving test information
- Pictures taken during driving lessons or upon passing your test (with your permission)
- Receipts of payments
In addition to the above:
- We hold your information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR rules.
- We hold your information for the purpose of being able to provide good quality driving lessons to you.
- Your instructor holds your information securely, which is either locked away securely, or secured on our phones, tablets, or computers which are all password protected.
- Your information is stored on the Total Drive app which is kept secure. We use Total Drive to book your lessons, store your contact information, record lesson progress and information, record payments etc.
- We can assure you that we do not pass your information on to anyone without your prior permission and agreement. If there is a need to share your information (such as changing driving instructors and sending your progress to them, booking tests on your behalf with the DVSA etc.), we will inform you first, explain who we are sharing the information with, why we are sharing the information, and ensure that you give us your consent and permission.
- Every instructor has dash cams which are always recording internal and external footage and audio for the protection of yourself, the instructor and the public. If your instructor wishes to use any recorded lesson footage for other uses (such as training aids), you will be asked to sign a form.
- You have the right to see any information we hold about you.
- You have the right to ask us to destroy any information we hold about you.
- Once you pass your driving test, or if you wish to discontinue lessons with us for any reason:
- Any progress booklets will be given back to you where possible, or kept for 5 years before being destroyed.
- Your account on Total Drive will be made inactive and kept inactive for 5 years before being permanently deleted.
- The reason we keep records for 5 years is in case you need any of that information again for any reason, and also for our tax and accounting purposes.
Herts Driver Training is registered with the Information Commissioners Office, reference ZA824422, under Mr Andy Mills.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will affect any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.
Last updated - February 28th 2022.